An active, vigilant citizenry is a vital partner in the fight against terrorism. However, Dr. Jayaprakash Narayan, founder of the Lok Satta Party, argues that this can only be possible with a new legal framework that emphasises efficiency and inclusiveness.
FOUNDER AND PRESIDENT OF THE LOK SATTA PARTY
Dr. Jayaprakash Narayan is a physician by training who went into the Indian Administrative Service in the aftermath of the Emergency and failure of the Janata Experiment. He was a topper in the IAS exam. During the 16 years of distinguished public service in various capacities, he acquired a formidable reputation in the State of Andhra Pradesh. Some of his major accomplishments while in government
- As Joint Collector, he worked for the speedy rehabilitation of 8000 youth from displaced families of Visakhapatnam Steel Plant
- As Collector of Prakasm of District, he was instrumental in the creation of a record 2,00,000 acres of irrigation , the largest such program with direct participation of people
- As Collector of East Godavari District, he spearheaded the reconstruction of drainage and irrigation network in Krishna and Godavari deltas.
- He served as Secretary to both Governor and Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.
- He worked on strengthening of the credit cooperatives and making them independent of government control.
Democracy And Nation-Building, Politics
Last modified: September 13, 2017